Welcome to my weekly fantasy golf model for the 2022 British Open Championship!
Beginning in 2020, I developed a weekly rubric which offers a clear-cut ranking system based on data points weighted in a formula. So far, it's been a tremendous success. Here's a look at several PGA Tour winners since June 2021 and where they landed in the model:
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: Cam Davis - No. 29
- British Open Championship: Collin Morikawa - No. 3
- The Northern Trust: Tony Finau - No. 18
- BMW Championship: Patrick Cantlay - No. 2
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Sam Burns - No. 1
- Shriners Children's Open: Sungjae Im - No. 18
- The CJ Cup at Summit: Rory McIlroy - No. 12
- Zozo Championship: Hideki Matsuyama - No. 17
- World Wide Technology Championship: Viktor Hovland - No. 2
- The RSM Classic: Talor Gooch - No. 16
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Cameron Smith - No. 15
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Hideki Matsuyama - No. 9
- Farmers Insurance Open: Luke List - No. 37
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Tom Hoge - No. 42
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Scottie Scheffler - No. 11
- The Genesis Invitational: Joaquin Niemann - No. 26
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Scottie Scheffler - No. 4
- The Players Championship: Cameron Smith - No. 14
- Valspar Championship: Sam Burns - No. 7
- The Masters: Scottie Scheffler - No. 4
- RBC Heritage: Jordan Spieth - No. 27
- Mexico Open at Vidanta: Jon Rahm - No. 1
- Wells Fargo Championship: Max Homa - No. 19
- PGA Championship: Justin Thomas - No. 6
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Sam Burns - No. 3
- RBC Canadian Open: Rory McIlroy - No. 3
- US Open: Matt Fitzpatrick - No. 13
- Travelers Championship: Xander Schauffele - No. 1
- Genesis Scottish Open: Xander Schauffele - No. 3
Let me walk you through the rubric's tenets and show off this week's results.
To see our hidden picks and weekly model, join GNN!
For just $30 for 12 months, GNN members get access to our winning weekly PGA Tour event model, in-depth DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends, as well exclusive members-only content.
You'll also have access to our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.