PGA Tour one-and-done is a popular fantasy golf game, with private one-and-done leagues and public PGA Tour games.
For years, we have offered weekly PGA Tour one-and-done golf picks, taking into account past course history and current form to make one-and-done recommendations.
We began our 2021-2022 PGA Tour one-and-done picks with the 2021 Fortinet Championship, continue this week with the 2022 Farmers Insurance Open and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2022, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
This week, we have Farmers Insurance Open, with the event marking the start of 2022 events in the mainland United States. We have a much tougher pair of golf courses -- particularly the South Course -- compared to last week. The South Course is long and requires players to be able to hit quality mid-to-long approach shots.
JOIN FOREBUCKS: Access a winning PGA Tour model, unique tools and in-depth analysis for just $30/year!
2022 Farmers Insurance Open One and Done picks
- Jon Rahm: Under no circumstances would I suggest you play Rahm this week, but he does have two wins on this golf course.
- Marc Leishman: Leishman was lovely to start the calendar year, and he's a primo HFC pick this week.
- Tony Finau: Depends on how you feel about Finau, coming off a T-40 at the AmEx, but he likes this event.
- Lanto Griffin: Griffin was a guy on the rise, then came back down a bit, but he was good last week. He likes this event.
- Brandt Snedeker: Snedeker loves Torrey, and he seems to be figuring some things out.
- Will Zalatoris: Great finish on the back of a 61 in the desert, and he might be getting better.
My pick this week is Will Zalatoris. Willy Z seems to be a little better than when we last saw him, and I don't think I'll use him in a bigger spot.
2022-2022 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Fortinet Championship: Kevin Na (MC)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Mito Pereira (T-31)
- Shriners Children's Open: Webb Simpson (MC)
- The CJ Cup at Summit: Marc Leishman (T-38)
- Zozo Championship: Rickie Fowler (T-44)
- Buttefield Bermuda Championship: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-30)
- World Wide Technology Championship: Abraham Ancer (T-7)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open: Talor Gooch (60th)
- The RSM Classic: Russell Henley (T-22)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Sungjae Im (T-8)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Kevin Kisner (T-3)
- The American Express: Adam Hadwin (T-25)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Will Zalatoris