The PGA of America has determined future PGA Championship sites through 2034, with the exceptions of 2025, 2026 and 2030, 2032 and 2033. They've announced well in advance.
The slate of future PGA Championship venues is a strong one, and it doesn't seem the PGA of America has made dramatic changes to picking PGA Championship venues despite announcing the PGA Championship will be played in May starting in 2019 at Bethpage Black on Long Island.
The PGA of America is often vague on dates for their future championships, but they appear to have settled on the second full week in May moving forward. That may change, but we're anticipating consistency from year to year.
We know PGA Championship sites in from 2021-2030 (with the exception of 2022 and 2025), as well 2031 and 2034. The PGA of America is yet to announce a replacement site for Trump National in Bedminster, N.J. We can try to predict future PGA Championship beyond 2030.
Future PGA Championship venues and dates announced
- 2021 -- May 20-23 -- Kiawah Island, The Ocean Course (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
- 2022 -- May 19-22 -- Southern Hills Country Club (Tulsa, Okla.)
- 2023 -- May 18-21 -- Oak Hill Country Club (Pittsford, N.Y.)
- 2024 -- May 16-19 -- Valhalla Golf Club (Louisville, Ky.)
- 2025 -- Quail Hollow Club (Charlotte, N.C.)
- 2026 -- Aronimink Golf Club (Newtown Square, Pa.)
- 2027 -- PGA of America Headquarters (Frisco, Texas)
- 2028 -- May 18-21 -- The Olympic Club (San Francisco, Calif.)
- 2029 -- May 17-20 -- Baltusrol Golf Club, Lower Course (Springfield, N.J.)
- 2030 -- Southern Hills Country Club (Tulsa, Okla.)
- 2031 -- Congressional Country Club (Bethesda, Md.)
- 2032 -- TBD
- 2033 -- TBD
- 2034 -- PGA of America Headquarters (Frisco, Texas)
- 2035 -- TBD
Potential future PGA Championship venues
Unlike with the U.S. Open, the PGA Championship is a little bit more predictable, so here's a look at some likely future candidates, even as the PGA Championship moves to May.
Medinah No. 3: The PGA of America has at the Chicago area club in one way or another every six of seven years since 1999. The PGA came back in 2006 (Tiger won both the '99 and '06 PGA), and then just held the Ryder Cup there last fall. With Bethpage Black set to get the PGA in 2019, 2021 a good year to bring back the PGA.
Hazeltine National: The Ryder Cup will be staged here in 2016, a full seven years after Y.E. Yang took out Tiger Woods there in the '09 PGA, which was seven years after Rich Beem took out Tiger Woods at the '02 PGA. Add seven years to 2016, and you get 2023. Plug it in.
Whistling Straits: The PGA of America has said it would like to come to the Wisconsin course every five years. That would put it at 2020, but the Straits is hosting the Ryder Cup that year, so 2025 and 2035 make sense.
Recent past PGA Championship venues
- 2014 -- Valhalla Golf Club, Louisville, Ky.
- 2015 -- Whistling Straits (Straits Course), Kohler, Wis.
- 2016 -- Baltusrol Golf Club (Lower Course), Springfield, N.J.
- 2017 -- Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte, N.C.
- 2018 -- Bellerive Country Club, St. Louis, Mo.
- 2019 -- Bethpage State Park (Black Course), Farmingdale, N.Y.
- 2020 -- TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, Calif.