Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' and FanDuel's one-week fantasy leagues, daily fantasy golf lineups, Yahoo fantasy golf, Golf Channel fantasy golf and PGA Tour fantasy golf leagues.
The PGA Tour travels into Arizona for a Super Bowl appetizer with TPC Scottsdale and its rowdy crowds welcoming a strong field for the 2017 Waste Management Phoenix Open. Beyond the crazy 16th hole, the Tom Weiskopf-designed course is a ballstriker's paradise.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Waste Management Phoenix Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Justin Thomas -- Best player on the PGA Tour this year is an auto-pick at the top of the rankings for the foreseeable future.
2. Hideki Matsuyama -- Matsuyama is a past winner here, taking down Rickie Folwer in what was a cringe-inducing playoff. Matsuyama has settled a little, but he loves TPC Scottsdale.
3. Jon Rahm -- An Arizona State guy, Rahm was top five here last year as an amateur. He's learned a lot about winning and contending since then, including actually doing it last weekend.
4. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth was T-7 here two years ago, so he has some semblance of record at the event. Back-to-back medal-stand finishes in Hawaii.
5. Phil Mickelson -- Mickelson should've had a 59 on this course. He knows how to win here, and he's exhibiting the kind of almost-good-enough-to-win game he flexed last year.
6. Brendan Steele -- Steele is a top-15 regular in this event and is already a winner this year. And he's kept it going since the Frys.com Open win.
7. Bubba Watson -- Watson has played sparingly in the early 2017 portion of the season, but we're making a leap of faith based on his past record here, where he's basically automatic in the top 15.
8. Patrick Rodgers -- Rodgers is putting it together and should be a winner soon. He's driving the ball extremely well.
9. Webb Simpson -- Simpson has been making cuts but doing nothing particularly great. However, he is a horse-for-course here, like buddy Bubba Watson.
10. Pat Perez -- Perez is a hot hand, and this is a home game for him this week. He could be higher on this list.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Jon Rahm - $9,700
- Harris English - $8,700
- Bubba Watson - $8,300
- Brendan Steele - $8,200
- Webb Simpson - $7,900
- J.J. Spaun - $7,000
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!