Looking for 2019 The Northern Trust picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 The Northern Trust rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The FedEx Cup playoffs are here, and Liberty National Golf Club in New Jersey hosts the first leg, The Northern Trust. We have 122 of 125 eligible players in the field for this first of three (not four) events. After this week, the playoff field will be cut to 70.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for $5 per month or $50 for 1 year!
2019 The Northern Trust rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Brooks Koepka: Koepka barely needs driver to get around this course, but he can dominate it. Look for a big run.
2. Rory McIlroy: If the winds kicks up and driver matters, we want good drivers of the ball to keep it in play and avoid the club's boundary lines. Rory is a primo ball striker.
3. Jon Rahm: Rahm's been playing great of late, and I think Valderrama could actually be a proxy for the game required to win. He finished second there.
4. Dustin Johnson: Johnson hasn't enjoyed his best season, of course, but he's still a threat every time he plays.
5. Webb Simpson: Simpson has been playing some of the best second-shot-and-in golf in the world this year, and there's no reason to believe it will suddenly stop now.
PLAY AGAINST ME! This week, I'm running a contest with the new Secret Golf Tour fantasy app. You pick one golfer from each of four groups, and the team with the lowest score against par for The Northern Trust wins! $10 to enter, top 3 paid.
6. Patrick Cantlay: Cantlay has cooled off since his run in May, but he was T-12 in his last start in Memphis, and his game should translate to Liberty National.
7. Justin Thomas: Thomas could probably be ranked higher given his run in his last three starts since coming back from wrist injury. He seems ready to make a playoff move.
8. Tommy Fleetwood: He's 13th in SG off the tee and 46th in SG on the approach. He's solid all around, and that should carry him far while he's also in good form.
9. Billy Horschel: Horschel is a man who knows to finish out a season. He's an end-of-season stud, and he should continue his recent form: T-6, T-9.
10. Justin Rose: Rose isn't the same level guy that got to No. 1 in the world, but he's playing very well this year, and his all-around game is fantastic except for small patches of tournaments.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Tommy Fleetwood - $9,800
- Patrick Cantlay - $9,200
- Collin Morikawa - $8,500
- Billy Horschel - $8,000
- Cameron Smith - $7,200
- Russell Knox - $7,000
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 The Northern Trust DraftKings advice!