Looking for 2017 RSM Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 RSM Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
We are at the final official PGA Tour event in 2017. You might be sad about that, but we do have a fun event to end the year. The RSM Classic unfolds on two courses at Sea Island Resort for the first two rounds, and then the weekend field comes together for a 36-hole shootout. Davis Love III is unofficial host as the Sea Island Mafia gets a home game and those subject to the reshuffle get one last chance to improve their lot.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 The RSM Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Kevin Kisner - Kisner hasn't played in this new season, but the 2015 winner deserves to be high on this list despite the rustiness.
2. Webb Simpson - Simpson could very well be No. 1 on this list. Been playing A-level golf since August, and he's continued this season.
3. Brian Harman - Harman's on a home game, and he's been off to a great start this season with a pair of top-10 finishes.
4. Chesson Hadley - Chessie made the cut at Mayakoba on the number and then WD'd halfway through Round 3. The event was a mess weather-wise, but it was illness that got him.
5. Charles Howell III - CH3 would be ranked higher if I were convinced he would win. But, he's enjoying his usual early-season/fall run, and he's got a great record here.
6. Matt Kuchar - Kuchar is slotted here more on talent and possible ceiling than current form. He's playing OK, but he's not especially hot.
7. Patton Kizzire - Top-10s in his last three starts, including a W. That seems to speak for itself. Letdown is of course possible.
8. Bill Haas - Haas is out of the world top 50 for the first time in more than 5 years. He's very consistent in this event, and he just vacuums up OWGR points.
9. Ollie Schniederjans - Ollie is off to a good start this season, but he's been off for three weeks. He's going to get a win this season, but I'm not sure it's this week.
10. Kevin Streelman - Streelman has been racking up top-20s in this fall portion of the season.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Charles Howell III - $9,500
- Patton Kizzire - $8,900
- Jamie Lovemark - $8,400
- Beau Hossler - $8,000
- Si Woo Kim - $7,500
- Scott Stallings - $7,000