With the 30 in FedEx Cup points set after the Monday conclusion of the BMW Championship, the seasons of 40 players have come to an end. Among those who were eliminated from the playoffs at Conway Farms are some big names, including major champions.
Here are some of the notables to miss the Tour Championship:
31. Harris English -- The winner in Memphis in June was the bubble boy in 2013, dropping three spots from 28th at the start of the week to 31st.
32. Matt Jones -- The Aussie improved 19 spots in Chicago and, through a good portion of Monday, was inside the top 30, but he ended two spots shy of East Lake.
33. Kevin Stadler -- The son of Masters champion Craig Stadler came so close to becoming the first son of a Masters champion to himself play in the year's first major.
35. Charles Howell III -- An Augusta, Ga., native, Howell III's chances to get to East Lake -- and, with it, a berth into the Masters -- sank with his tee shot into a water hazard at the par-5 18th at Conway Farms.
37. Bubba Watson -- The 2012 Masters champion's best finish of the '13 campaign was in the Travelers Championship, where he finished T-4 after melting down at his caddie, Ted Scott.
38. Rickie Fowler -- Fowler is the third of four Golf Boys to be eliminated from the FedEx Cup playoffs. Bubba Watson finished a spot ahead of him, while Ben Crane was eliminated at The Barclays. Hunter Mahan made it to East Lake for the seventh consecutive year.
41. Lee Westwood -- Westwood, who was hoping to get a crack at the FedEx Cup, came in this week at 30th. He never put anything together at Conway Farms.
53. Ian Poulter -- The hero of the European Ryder Cup charge a year ago at nearby Medinah, Poulter was not a factor at the BMW Championship. His season ended with a whimper.
55. Graeme McDowell -- It's been feast or famine for McDowell in 2013, who has three worldwide wins. Unfortunately, McDowell was all famine this week.
68. Ernie Els -- The 2012 Open champion came into the BMW Championship at No. 70 in the standings. He needed at least a top-five effort to have any shot at making it to East Lake.