Looking for 2021 The Players Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2021 The Players Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The Players Championship is this week, and we have a stacked field at TPC Sawgrass. Practically the whole healthy world top 50 is here, and they’re competing on a penal, unpredictable course that punishes players who are too conservative and too bold.
2021 The Players Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Dustin Johnson: We have to put aside the horrible performance at Concession and chalk it up to a down week. DJ hadn’t finished that poorly since the WGC Mexico last year, pre-pandemic.
2. Tony Finau: Top 5 Tony is on fire right now. His game is working everywhere in every way — that is, except hoisting trophies. Would be a very Finau finish to pick up his second win here.
3. Collin Morikawa: Morikawa’s ball-striking exhibition at Concession was convincing, but more important to him was his putting. If he can putt anywhere near that level this week, he’s got a great chance.
4. Jon Rahm: Rahm finished T-32 at Concession for his worst finish since Memphis last August. A down week before a big one is sometimes helpful.
5. Patrick Cantlay: Cantlay has finished outside the top 17 just once this season. He just doesn’t back down the leaderboard much, but Sunday at Genesis was disappointing.
6. Bryson DeChambeau: Bryson was captivating in victory at Bay Hill. Still, I don’t think a lot of holes at Sawgrass line up for him.
7. Viktor Hovland: Hovland had a rough weekend at Bay Hill. Same story as a lot of players on our list: his most recent finish was his worst, by a mile, in a while.
8. Rory McIlroy: Rory was quite glum after Bay Hill, suggesting he has absolutely no spark and needs something to get him going. Maybe this week will help?
9. Webb Simpson: Webb has hardly played this year. But when he has, he’s finished in the top six twice (in four starts).
10. Justin Thomas: JT has been playing pretty well this year, though he’s lost some of his mojo. Still, he’s a great pick this week.
Our top 10 is a ranking of the best players in the field — BUT they’re not always the best bets! Want our top picks?
To see our hidden picks and weekly model, join Forebucks!
For just $99 for 12 months or for free with a qualifying sportsbook deposit, Forebucks members get access to our winning weekly PGA Tour event model, in-depth DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends, as well exclusive members-only content.
You’ll also have access to our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.