Looking for 2020 Safeway Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2020 Safeway Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The FedEx Cup playoffs are over, and a new season is here! Already! The Safeway Open serves as a prep tournament for some players entering next week's US Open, but for most of the 156-player field at Silverado Resort in Napa, Calif., this is a chance to get some FedEx Cup points on the board at the beginning of a new campaign.
Our top 10 is a ranking of the best players in the field -- BUT they're not always the best bets! Want our top picks?
To see our hidden picks and weekly model, join Forebucks!
For just $50 for 12 months (or $5 per month), Forebucks members get access to our winning weekly PGA Tour event model, in-depth DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends, as well exclusive members-only content.
You'll also have access to our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2020 Safeway Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Phil Mickelson: Mickelson has been solid here the last two years, looked good at the end of the PGA Tour season and just won on the PGA Tour Champions.
2. Brendan Steele: Steele won here in consecutive years, and he clearly likes this golf course. His season ended at the BMW Championship.
3. Joel Dahmen: Dahmen has been great this past season, and he's become a more consistent player from week to week. T-10 in the PGA in northern California.
5. Kevin Streelman: Streelman has a good record in the event and has been good this summer.
6. Erik van Rooyen: EVR has actually played better than I thought in the restart, and he seems to have acclimated to PGA Tour golf pretty well. He should like the West Coast.
7. Denny McCarthy: McCarthy has been good since coming back from coronavirus, and his putting should help on the West Coast.
8. Mark Hubbard: Hubbard has been very solid in the resumption of golf. Although he hasn't been consistent every week, he's been strong.
9. Matt Kuchar: Kuchar often has a way of just getting to the weekend and putting up a decent finish, but he's diminished right now.
10. Sergio Garcia: Garcia is one of the better talents in the field, and he played above average golf in the season resumption. But make no mistake, he is not the Sergio of old.
For DraftKings and DFS analysis, sign up for Forebucks and check out our 2020 Safeway Open model!