For years, I've made fantasy golf picks, power rankings and given betting tips about PGA Tour events.
I've looked at two main factors, current form and course history, and tried to bring those together to offer selections and my best guess as to who will contend in a given week.
However, for 2020, I wanted to become more sophisticated and develop a weekly rubric which offers a clear-cut ranking system based on data points weighted in a formula. So far, it's been a tremendous success. Here's a look at the PGA Tour winners in the restart and where they landed in the model:
- Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial: Daniel Berger - No. 21
- RBC Heritage: Webb Simpson - No. 7
- Travelers Championship: Dustin Johnson - No. 10
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: Bryson DeChambeau - No. 2
- Workday Charity Open: Collin Morikawa - No. 11
- the Memorial Tournament: Jon Rahm - No. 6
- WGC FedEx St. Jude Invitational: Justin Thomas - No. 6
Let me walk you through the rubric's tenets and show off this week's results.
To see our hidden picks and weekly model, join Forebucks!
For just $50 for 12 months (or $5 per month), Forebucks members get access to our winning weekly PGA Tour event model, in-depth DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends, as well exclusive members-only content.
You'll also have access to our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.