With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2019 Military Tribute at The Greenbrier, continue at the 2019 Safeway Open this week and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2020, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
Happy with our start here. A couple of solid top-20 finishes, though we probably could have gone with Ben An and felt comfortable. Still Denny McCarthy did well for us.
This week is the Safeway Open, which has a substantial amount of star power. However, it's still probably best to leave some of the better players on the table for bigger events.
2019 Safeway Open One and Done picks
- Kevin Na: He plays well in this event practically every time he is in this event, regardless of venue.
- Hideki Matsuyama: You can make a calculation Matsuyama is a great pick now or think he'll rise to bigger things next calendar year.
- Byeong Hun An: An got close at the Sanderson Farms, so maybe he's nearly on the cusp of that first PGA Tour win.
- Collin Morikawa: A PGA Tour winner already, Morikawa could smoke a course like Silverado's North.
My pick this week will be Kevin Na. I think this is a great spot to pick him, as he's highly-ranked but also seasoned at this event.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier: Viktor Hovland (T-10)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Denny McCarthy (T-18)
- Safeway Open: Kevin Na