With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
This is the final World Golf Championships event of the season, with TPC Southwind in Memphis taking over as the summer's WGC event host. The field will take on high temperatures, humidity and a challenging golf course. But it's no cut, so we have that working in our favor.
2019 WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational One and Done picks
- Dustin Johnson: Won here last year, and he's typically a lock on this golf course, albeit typically against weaker competition.
- Jon Rahm: Rahm may be gassed, but his driving should be a huge asset on this course.
- Justin Thomas: Thomas seems to be getting back to healthy, and that should be a good sign for the playoffs.
- Phil Mickelson: If you haven't used Phil yet, this is probably your last chance to reasonably consider him.
My pick this week will be Dustin Johnson. I saved him up for the tail end of the season, and this should be a good one.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter (T-10)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Patrick Reed (MC)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Phil Mickelson (MC)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Scottie Scheffler (T-35)
- PGA Championship: Brooks Koepka (WIN)
- Charles Schwab Challenge: Justin Rose (T-58)
- the Memorial Tournament: Matt Kuchar (MC)
- RBC Canadian Open: Jim Furyk (T-27)
- US Open: Tiger Woods (T-20)
- Travelers Championship: Patrick Cantlay (T-15)
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: Brandt Snedeker (T-5)
- 3M Open: Viktor Hovland (T-13)
- John Deere Classic: Collin Morikawa (T-4)
- British Open Championship: Jon Rahm (T-11)
- Barbasol Championship: Jhonattan Vegas (T-64)
- WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational: Dustin Johnson