2019 Valero Texas Open, 2019 Valero Texas Open one and done picks, 2019 Valero Texas Open preview, fantasy golf, golf betting, Valero Texas Open, Valero Texas Open fantasy golf picks
With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 Valero Texas Open and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
How about Kevin Kisner? The guy got to the final last year in the Match Play and lost to Bubba, so he gets back there this year and wins the thing. Pretty incredible.
Meanwhile, in the Dominican, Sungjae Im tumbled a little on Sunday while Graeme McDowell picked up an unlikely win while playing on conditional status.
I wasn't thrilled with the picks last week. We used Matt Fitzpatrick trying not to burn a great player, but we now only have about 20 events remaining in the season, so we can use top 50 players the rest of the way.
2019 Valero Texas Open One and Done picks
- Charley Hoffman -- He's THE horse-for-course here, but he has six MCs in his last nine PGA Tour starts, so I'd stay away.
- JB Holmes -- A couple of good finishes here, but he's erratic.
- Billy Horschel -- He's played this course very well over the years, and he hasn't missed a cut since the 2018 RBC Canadian Open (one WD).
- Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar got to the final of the Match Play, so he may be a good pick, but he could also be gassed.
My pick this week will be Billy Horschel, as he is a mark of consistency on the PGA Tour with solid play.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel