With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 The Honda Classic and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
This week, the PGA Tour kicks off a month of golf in Florida, beginning with The Honda Classic at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens. Unfortunately for the event, the evolution of the PGA Tour schedule has meant this is a skip for many of the world's top players, including those who call the Jupiter and Palm Beach areas home.
While this is a weaker field than it has been in the last decade or so, there are still some studs playing, including Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka and Rickie Fowler.
2019 The Honda Classic One and Done picks
- Rickie Fowler -- As close to a lock as there is in the field, Fowler loves this tournament.
- Daniel Berger -- Coming off a second in Puerto Rico, Berger may have gotten a taste of his potential again.
- Sergio Garcia -- Garcia came alive in the WGC-Mexico, and he has a very good track record here.
- Brooks Koepka -- Koepka is definitely not at his best right now. Not sure why, but there's a little hangover right now.
- Adam Scott -- Scott has done very well in this event, and he took last week off to get ready for this one.
My pick this week will be Adam Scott. I'm reluctant to use him in majors, but I like where his game is and his fit this week.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott