Looking for 2019 The Honda Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 The Honda Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The PGA Tour is in Florida for the next four weeks as the Sunshine State takes over the month of March (again) on the schedule. The Honda Classic starts things, unfortunately to the detriment of the tournament’s field strength.
However, we have Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka and Rickie Fowler among the headliners this week. They’re all going to be battling it out on the PGA National Champion Course — yes, with the Bear Trap (drink).
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for as little as $8/year or get 6 MONTHS FREE by taking our survey!
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2019 The Honda Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Justin Thomas — JT closed in Mexico with a 62 that tied his own course record at Club de Golf Chapultepec. That may have been a back-door finish, but it was a good rebound from Riviera.
2. Rickie Fowler — Fowler was a popular pick in Mexico because of his win in his last start at Phoenix, but a T-36 was a dud week. He loves this event and can clobber this field.
3. Adam Scott — He took the week off in Mexico after almost pulling it out at Riviera. He loves this course. An ideal one-and-done pick, too.
4. Brooks Koepka — Koepka has to be here based on field strength, but his current form isn’t all that great. It’s also not bad either.
5. Gary Woodland — Woodland was a runner-up here two years ago, and he’s generally got a favorable record in this event.
6. Sergio Garcia — Garcia came alive in Mexico, and he performs well on the Champion Course, where ballstriking is absolutely key.
7. Cameron Smith — I still think this year will be a big one for Cam Smith, and he’s getting closer each week in putting all the pieces together.
8. Michael Thompson — A past winner here in 2013, Thompson is on an absolute heater in the past 30 days. Long may it continue.
9. Russell Knox — I like Knox’s form of late, and he clearly handles potentially brutal weather well.
10. Daniel Berger — Perhaps this is too sudden to get him in the top 10 again, but he was a runner-up here previously and he was T-2 last week in Puerto Rico.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Cameron Smith – $9,500
- Billy Horschel – $9,300
- Michael Thompson – $8,000
- Russell Knox – $7,800
- Graeme McDowell – $7,600
- Wyndham Clark – $7,400
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 The Honda Classic DraftKings advice!