Looking for 2019 Genesis Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2019 Genesis Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The PGA Tour ends its California run (for a while, at least) with the Genesis Open this week at Rivierat Country Club near Los Angeles. (Technically, the host town is Pacific Palisades.) This is a revered tournament, and players with good track records here tend to do well at the Masters. That’s not universally true, but the winner here is usually stiking their ball well enough to win a green jacket.
This field is deep. Most of the top 50 is here, including host Tiger Woods and a lot of the good field from last week at Pebble.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for as little as $8/year or get 6 MONTHS FREE by taking our survey!
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2019 Genesis Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Phil Mickelson — In his last three starts, a T-2, an MC in Phoenix and a win at Pebble. Not bad. Not sure if Mickelson will be able to continue this pace, seeing as though this was a last-minute add and Lefty said in the early season he would play fewer events.
2. Dustin Johnson — Johnson may also be tired. He won in Saudi Arabia and tried to turn it around in the United States. Didn’t work so well. But he loves this place.
3. Justin Thomas — Could be 1 or 2. In his last three starts, a pair of thirds and a T-16. Quality.
4. Bryson DeChambeau — Probably could be higher, but he’s not really a horse for here. Clearly a top-5 player in the world right now, though.
5. Jon Rahm — Rahm’s driving is such a huge asset, he should love it here. He really should. Become a top-10 machine to start 2019.
6. Rory McIlroy — The closing concerns aside, Rory has been in the top five in his two 2019 starts. That has to mean something. Wedge play and putting must improve.
7. Bubba Watson — Bubba was T-4 in Phoenix on a golf course he typically loves. He’s the defending champion here on a course he typically loves. I like patterns.
8. Xander Schauffele — A little more variable in his results, but a win and a T-10 in three 2019 outings. That’ll work.
9. Tiger Woods — Obviously we’ve got one start to go on in 2019, but we also have a bad Riviera track record to go on, too. Be cautious in picking him.
10. Paul Casey — Plenty of guys could sit in this No. 10 slot. All have showed some good stuff and thrown in one clunker this year. Cantlay, Leishman, Finau. Plenty of T-10 this week.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Jon Rahm – $10,400
- Paul Casey – $8,800
- Cameron Smith – $8,400
- Andrew Putnam – $7,500
- Keegan Bradley – $7,300
- Joel Dahmen – $7,000
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2019 Genesis Open DraftKings advice!