Looking for 2018 CIMB Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 CIMB Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The PGA Tour heads to Asia for several weeks running, starting with the CIMB Classic at TPC Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. The great news for fantasy gamers about the next several weeks is these three events -- the CIMB Classic, CJ Cup at Nine Bridges and WGC-HSBC Champions -- have no cut. So go hog wild with your choices and play a little bolder.
This is a 78-player field, headed by Justin Thomas, defending champion Pat Perez, Ryan Moore and Xander Schauffele. This is a tournament where players must go low to succeed, and we're looking at a 20-under total to target a chance to win.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free.
Want more? You have two options:
- GNN Plus members get access to our in-depth weekly DraftKings picks, searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present and top-15 PGA Tour trends. Join for as little as $8/year or get 6 MONTHS FREE by taking our survey!
- For $75 per year or $225 for lifetime access, GNN+Forebucks members get even MORE, including our course fit modeling, Quality Stokes Gained data, course demand insights, grass-specific performance and further tools, as well individual access to fantasy expert Ryan Ballengee for your unique questions.
2018 CIMB Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Justin Thomas -- Two-time winner here finished T-17 last season, which was an expected outcome. Hard to three-peat. However, loves this course, and he absolutely destroys the par 5s here.
2. Xander Schauffele -- Xander came close here last year against Pat Perez, and he closed the playoffs well with a couple of high finishes.
3. Ryan Moore -- RyMo nearly won the Safeway Open on Sunday, and this is typically his time of year to rack up points (and wins). Two-time winner of this event.
4. Kevin Tway -- Perhaps rocketing Tway up the rankings too much based on his breakthrough win on Sunday, but he's been trending in this direction for months now. Now that he's done it on the PGA Tour level, it's not hard to imagine him doing it again in a limited-field situation.
5. Rafa Cabrera Bello -- Love RCB. T-10 in two CIMB Classic starts, and he's been playing solid golf splitting time between the PGA Tour playoffs and the European Tour.
6. Keegan Bradley -- Great record here, which is key, but he also won the BMW Championship to end a six-year skid. Of course, with Bradley, the question is always putting. If he gains positive strokes on the field, he will finish highly. Otherwise, still OK.
7. Billy Horschel -- Horschel was great in the playoffs and put together a facsimile of his 2014 FedEx Cup playoff run. Not a regular CIMB go-er, but he's got a run in Asia to make.
8. Paul Casey -- Casey was fine in the Ryder Cup, and he played in the top half at the Tour Championship. Seems to be building on this venue year after year.
9. Kevin Na -- Na has played very solid golf in the playoffs, and he's done well in this event in the past, though he's been meh the last couple of years.
10. Cameron Smith -- The Aussie has a couple of T-5 CIMB finishes, which is a good sign. He also played really well in the first two playoff events..and not as great in the last two.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Rafa Cabrera Bello - $9,300
- Kevin Na - $8,600
- Cameron Smith - $8,400
- Kevin Tway - $8,200
- Charles Howell III - $7,900
- Bronson Burgoon - $7,500
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 CIMB Classic DraftKings advice!