With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2018 Zurich Classic of New Orleans this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
This is an odd week for one-and-done players, quite simply because you have to pick a golfer in the PGA Tour game, but you get the benefits of their partner in the total team score. So, if you pick Ryan Palmer, you get his partner Jordan Spieth without actually having to pick him! It's great! That means you're looking to pick the best golfers you can get by taking their partners.
2018 Zurich Classic of New Orleans One and Done picks
- Wesley Bryan: You get Jon Rahm. Magic! Rahm just won the Spanish Open, and he's a stud.
- Bud Cauley: You get Justin Thomas! I think that's a great play, and Cauley's played pretty well of late, too.
- Ryan Palmer: You get Jordan Spieth! Why would you turn down that opportunity?
- Sean O'Hair: This is actually a potentially good pick on its own because O'Hair has played very well of late, and his partner Jimmy Walker is making a nice comeback.
My pick this week will be Wesley Bryan. I think Rahm found a great partner.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez (T-33)
- The RSM Classic: Charles Howell III (MC)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Brian Harman (3rd)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Gary Woodland (T-7)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Jason Dufner (T-36)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Rickie Fowler (MC)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WD)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Brandt Snedeker (T-20)
- Genesis Open: Paul Casey (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Kiradech Aphibarnrat (T-68)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-14)
- Valspar Championship: Sergio Garcia (4th)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Justin Rose (3rd)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Patrick Reed (T-9)
- Corales Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship: Emiliano Grillo (T-50)
- Houston Open: Russell Henley (T-8)
- Masters: Justin Thomas (T-17)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-23)
- Valero Texas Open: Charley Hoffman (T-64)
- Zurich Classic: Wesley Bryan