Looking for 2018 Houston Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 Houston Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The PGA Tour has just one more event before the 2018 Masters, and that's the sponsorless Houston Open. Golf Club of Houston plays host in what may be the final Houston Open on the PGA Tour schedule. This is a Masters-lite setup with Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler and Henrik Stenson among those in the field.
Also, before we get to the picks, a brief apology for not posting a DraftKings lineup last week. I was on travel on Wednesday and had planned to get a post up in the late afternoon for our GNN Plus members, as well post a lineup, and connectivity issues basically kept me from publishing until Sunday. So, I apologize.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends. You can try GNN Plus for 24 hours for free!
2018 Houston Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Justin Rose -- Rose is playing the best golf of anyone in the field over the last six months, so he deserves the top spot here despite a modest record in Houston.
2. Henrik Stenson -- Stenson is rested after a week off, and he seems back in form based on his Bay Hill effort. Great record in this event.
3. Phil Mickelson -- Mickelson hustled hard to get into the Round of 16 at the Match Play and came up a little short of the mark. Not playing for a win necessarily, but one of the best in the field.
4. Russell Henley -- Henley is Mr. Houston Open. He's the defending champion and pretty much is good for a run here on an annual basis.
5. Rickie Fowler -- Also rested after skipping the Match Play, he's been a bit of a mixed bag this year. Despite that, still one of the best in the field.
6. Daniel Berger -- Berger has consecutive T-5 finishes in this event, and hopefully he'll be able to shake off getting completely blanked in the Match Play group stage
7. Jordan Spieth -- Maybe we're being too focused on the last two results, but Spieth has looked lost with the putter of late. He'll regain it eventually, we can only assume, but we're not worried about it being this week.
8. Tony Finau -- Finau doesn't have much of a record here, but this has been his most consistent season to date.
9. Charles Howell III -- CH3 is playing for a chance to get in the Masters, so there's plenty motivation on a golf course he knows well and likes a lot.
10. Rafa Cabrera-Bello -- One of the best players in the world right now, and his consistency from week-to-week has arguably never been better.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Russell Henley - $9,200
- Charles Howell III - $8,900
- Steve Stricker - $8,800
- Brice Garnett - $7,800
- Kelly Kraft - $7,400
- Sean O'Hair - $7,200
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 Houston Open DraftKings advice!