On this week’s The 19th Hole Golf Show, I talk about Vijay Singh v. PGA Tour and the recent allegations made in a court hearing by Singh’s lawyer, Peter Ginsberg.
- Did Ginsberg use the hearing as a press release of sorts, knowing it would be covered by the press?
- How murky is the PGA Tour’s relationship with its “independent contractors”?
- Do the players really control the PGA Tour as the Tour’s lawyer claimed?
- Is there some more nuance to the claim that the PGA Tour has excepted players from drug testing and punishment?
- Does the PGA Tour have a monopoly over professional golf?