2023 PGA Tour Player Impact Program bonus pool, purse, winner’s share, prize money payout
PGA Tour

2023 PGA Tour Player Impact Program bonus pool, purse, winner’s share, prize money payout

A picture of golfer Tiger Woods Tiger Woods tees off on the 17th hole during the first round at the 2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot Golf Club (West Course) in Mamaroneck, N.Y. on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020. (Darren Carroll/USGA)
FOLLOW: iHEART | TUNEIN


The 2023 PGA Tour Player Impact Program bonus pool purse is set for $100 million, with the winner's share coming in at $15,000,000 -- coming in the form of a cash bonus for the winner of the season-long PGA Tour Player Impact Program, which is a system that determines a PGA Tour player's net effect on the tour's audience.

The measurement is done in a variety of categories, with the metrics audited by Grant Thorton. The 20 players with the most positive net effect on the general public's interest in the PGA Tour receive money from the Player Impact Program bonus pool.

The PGA Tour Player Impact Program, which was introduced in 2021, has changed quite a bit since its introduction. For 2023, the bonus pool was doubled to $100 million and several measurement criteria were changed.

The top 20 eligible players in the standings are paid in 2023, with Rory McIlroy winning $15 million for finishing in first place. Tiger Woods earned $12 million for finishing in second place, while Jon Rahm took home $9 million for rounding out the top three. The prize money goes down to player Nos. 16-20, who earned $2 million each.

A player must satisfy PGA Tour membership requirements to collect from the prize pool. They will receive 75 percent of their money with the first paycheck issued in 2024, which is after The Sentry, with the other 25 percent issued after a player satisfies all other requirements to claim the money.

In 2024, the Player Impact Program bonus pool will be reduced back to $50 million (what it was in 2022), with $50 million moved to other bonus pools for PGA Tour players. The FedEx Cup bonus pool will increase $25 million to $100 million, while the Comcast Business Tour Top 10 will increase $20 million to $40 million.

2023 PGA Tour Player Impact Program bonus pool, purse, winner's share, prize money payout

POSITION PLAYER MONEY
1 Rory McIlroy $15,000,000
2 Tiger Woods $12,000,000
3 Jon Rahm $9,000,000
4 Jordan Spieth $7,500,000
5 Scottie Scheffler $6,000,000
6 Rickie Fowler $5,500,000
7 Viktor Hovland $5,000,000
8 Justin Thomas $5,000,000
9 Tommy Fleetwood $5,000,000
10 Max Homa $5,000,000
11 Xander Schauffele $3,000,000
12 Jason Day $3,000,000
13 Tony Finau $3,000,000
14 Collin Morikawa $3,000,000
15 Matt Fitzpatrick $3,000,000
16 Wyndham Clark $2,000,000
17 Cameron Young $2,000,000
18 Justin Rose $2,000,000
19 Patrick Cantlay $2,000,000
20 Brian Harman $2,000,000

About the author

Golf News Net

We use the Golf News Net byline sometimes just to change things up. But, it's one of us humans writing the story, we promise.

Sometimes we post sponsored content from this account, and it is labeled as such.

We also occasionally include links to products and services from merchants of our choice. GNN may earn a commission from sales generated by those links. See more in GNN's affiliate disclosure.