In July 2019, Srixon-Cleveland Golf announced a deal to become the exclusive distributor of Asics golf shoes in the United States and Canada.
As part of the announcement, the company said it would be introducing two models, the Gel Course and Gel Course Duo Boa, in December 2019. That time is now, and the companies have announced the release as scheduled.
Both models are inspired by the innovation found in Asics running and athletic shoes, and they have some common features:
- An air mesh upper for flexibility and breathability during a round
- FlyteFoam technology and Rearfoot Gel technology combine for lightweight shock absorption and returning energy back to a golfer
- An molded internal heel counter helps with fit and stability, while additional padding in the ankle keeps a golfer comfortable in any movement on the course
- Toe and lateral rubber wraps help with stability
- The FG traction sole pattern places spikes exactly where they need to be for stability and traction while walking the course
Gel Course Duo Boa
The Gel Course Duo Boa model features the Boa lacing system for fast, precise fitting through a quick adjusting dial to tighten or loosen the lacing system. This model is waterproof. There are seven spikes on the sole.
The Gel Course Duo Boa will sell for $180 per pair, available in men’s sizes 6-13 with three different color combinations: Black/Gunmetal, White/Peacoat and Peacoat/Pure Silver.
Gel Course Glide
The Gel Course Glide is the alternative spikeless version with standard laces for.
The Gel Course Glide shoes go for $130 per pair in men’s sizes 6-13 and women’s sizes 6-10. The men’s shoes come in four different color combinations: Black/Silver, White/Polar Shade, Polar Shade/Black and ASICS Blue/White. The women’s Gel Course Glide shoes come in two different color options: Metropolis/White and Orchid/White.
Asics was founded in 1949, with the name an acronym for a famous Latin expression “anima sana in corpore sano,” which translates to “a sound mind in a sound body.”