The PGA Tour plays on anywhere from 48-50 courses most years, so the players see a variety of golf courses, architects, holes, grasses and styles. The lengths of these courses varies wildly, by 872 yards from the longest course on the PGA Tour (Torrey Pines' South Course, part of the Farmers Insurance Open) to the shortest course on the PGA Tour (Pebble Beach Golf Links, part of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am).
We wanted to share with you the 10 longest courses on the PGA Tour and the 10 shortest courses on the PGA Tour in the 2018-19 season, which you can then compare to our list of the hardest courses on the PGA Tour and the easiest courses on the PGA Tour.
The longest courses on the PGA Tour
- Farmers Insurance Open, Torrey Pines GC (South), par 72, 7698 yards
- Corales Puntacana Resort & Club Championship, Corales Golf Club, par 72, 7670 yards
- Wells Fargo Championship, Quail Hollow Club, par 71, 7554 yards
- Sentry Tournament of Champions, Plantation Course at Kapalua, par 73, 7518 yards
- Puerto Rico Open, Coco Beach Golf & CC, par 72, 7506 yards
- Masters Tournament, Augusta National GC, par 72, 7475 yards
- PGA Championship, Bethpage State Park Black Course, par 70, 7459 yards
- Arnold Palmer Invitational, Bay Hill Club & Lodge, par 72, 7454 yards
- Houston Open, Golf Club of Houston, par 72, 7441 yards
- Sanderson Farms Championship, CC of Jackson, par 72, 7440 yards
The longest course on the PGA Tour is Torrey Pines' South Course, which plays to a length of 7,698 yards. It can play that length, in part, because it was lengthened for the 2008 U.S. Open. That hasn't changed. Next up is the 7,670-yard Corales Golf Club, which will host the Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship. It bumped Quail Hollow Club to third-longest on Tour.
The shortest courses on the PGA Tour
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Pebble Beach Golf Links, par 72, 6816 yards
- The RSM Classic, Sea Island Resort (Plantation), par 72, 6907 yards
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Monterey Peninsula CC, par 71, 6958 yards
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Spyglass Hill GC, par 72, 6960 yards
- RBC Canadian Open, Hamilton Golf & Country Club, par 70, 6967 yards
- Mayakoba Golf Classic, El Camaleon GC, par 71, 6987 yards
- The RSM Classic, Sea Island Resort (Seaside), par 70, 7005 yards
- CIMB Classic, TPC Kuala Lumpur, par 72, 7005 yards
- Sony Open in Hawaii, Waialae CC, par 70, 7044 yards
- Desert Classic, La Quinta CC, par 72, 7060 yards
Three of the four shortest courses on the PGA Tour by the scorecard are the three that host the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, which makes sense given the format.