With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2018 Safeway Open, continue this week at the 2019 PGA Championship and will continue through to the Tour Championship in Atlanta in August 2019, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
Before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
The second major of the year is here, and it's no longer the US Open. It's the PGA Championship! The Wanamaker is now decided in May, and this year, it's at Bethpage Black. It last hosted a major in 2009 for the USGA, and it's been a PGA Tour stop since. However, there are lots of great players in this field who have never seen this course.
2019 PGA Championship One and Done picks
- Brooks Koepka -- It's a major. He feels disrespected. That's all I need.
- Tiger Woods -- The No. 1 golfer on the planet hasn't played since winning the Masters. That's a small concern.
- Rory McIlroy -- He found a secret with the driver last week at Quail Hollow. Could come in handy at Bethpage.
- Xander Schauffele -- Keeps coming up big in majors, and this seems custom-tailored to him.
My pick this week will be Brooks Koepka. It's time.
2018-2019 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Sungjae Im (T-4)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (25th)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Paul Casey (T-18)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Eddie Pepperell (WD)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Nick Taylor (T-26)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Rickie Fowler (T-4)
- Mayakoba Golf Classic: Emiliano Grillo (15th)
- The RSM Classic: Lucas Glover (T-11)
- Sentry Tournament of Champions: Aaron Wise (T-27)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Charles Howell III (T-8)
- Desert Classic: Adam Hadwin (T-2)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Jason Day (T-5)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (T-15)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-22)
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson (T-15)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Tommy Fleetwood (T-19)
- Puerto Rico Open: Rafael Campos (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Adam Scott (MC)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Marc Leishman (T-23)
- The Players Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-56)
- Valspar Championship: Gary Woodland (MC)
- Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship: Rory Sabbatini (T-39)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Matt Fitzpatrick (T-60)
- Valero Texas Open: Billy Horschel (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Rory McIlroy (T-21)
- RBC Heritage: Ian Poulter (T-10)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Patrick Reed (MC)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Phil Mickelson (MC)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Scottie Scheffler
- PGA Championship: Brooks Koepka