The 2019-2020 PGA Tour schedule is going to look dramatically different than the last half-dozen seasons, primarily because the Tour season now concludes at the end of August with the Tour Championship.
With the FedEx Cup decided before Labor Day, the PGA Tour season begins anew in September, and there's now an added month of tournaments to the fall portion of the schedule. In past years, the fall portion of the schedule usually represented eight events or so, as well a few silly season "Challenge" events. Now, the docket is deep.
The 2019-2020 PGA Tour season begins Sept. 12 with A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier in West Virginia. The Tour forced the resort into the fall portion of the schedule when the owners were unable to pay up on their annual sponsorship fee. The money is being paid back in installments, meanwhile, the event kicks off the season instead of the recent beginning in Napa, Calif.
The Sanderson Farms Championship will be next, now a full-strength event offering full FedEx Cup points. No longer an opposite-field event, the Jackson, Miss., stop makes sense as a bridge to the west.
The Safeway Open is next, followed by a jaunt to Vegas for the Shriners Open, then to the rechristened Houston Open in Texas.
From there, the PGA Tour's Asian Swing kicks off, with some still to be finalized order of the CJ Cup at Nine Bridges in South Korea, the WGC-HSBC Champions in China and the inaugural Zozo Championship in Japan. The new Bermuda Championship will replace the Sanderson Farms Championship as the opposite-field event against the WGC.
Then, it's back to North America for the Mayakoba Golf Classic in Mexico and The RSM Classic at Sea Island to wrap the official schedule. The Hero World Challenge follows after Thanksgiving, ending on a Saturday, before the 2019 Presidents Cup is played at Royal Melbourne in Australia the next week.
After the holidays and the start of 2020, the Sentry Tournament of Champions begins the calendar year.
The full 2019-2020 PGA Tour schedule was released at the end of July, with 49 total events.
2019-2020 PGA Tour fall schedule
Dates already announced
- Sept. 12-15 -- A Miliary Tribute at The Greenbrier, The Old White TPC, White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.
- Sept. 19-22 -- Sanderson Farms Championship, Country Club of Jackson, Jackson, Miss.
- Sept. 26-29 -- Safeway Open, Silverado Resort (North Course), Napa, Calif.
- Oct. 3-6 -- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, TPC Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Oct. 10-13 -- Houston Open, Golf Club of Houston, Humble, Texas
- Oct. 17-20 -- The CJ Cup at Nine Bridges, South Korea
- Oct. 24-27 -- Zozo Championship, Narashino Country Club, Narita, Japan
- Oct. 31 - Nov. 3 -- WGC-HSBC Champions, Sheshan International Golf Club, Shanghai, China; Bermuda Championship, Port Royal Golf Club, Bermuda
- Nov. 7-10 -- NO EVENT
- Nov. 14-17 -- Mayakoba Golf Classic, El Camaelon Golf Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Nov. 21-24 -- The RSM Classic, Sea Island Resort, St. Simons Island, Ga.
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 1 -- NO EVENT
- Dec. 4-7 -- Hero World Challenge, Albany Golf Club, Bahamas
- Dec. 12-15 -- Presidents Cup, Royal Melbourne Golf Club, Melbourne, Australia