The 2019 Masters Saturday pin sheet has been released for the third round during which will be played under potentially rainy and windy weather conditions. That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 65-player weekend field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2019 Masters Saturday third round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is perhaps the most difficult, tucked behind the bunker on the left and on a shelf.
- The shot required to get back to the hole location on the ninth is a trying one with littler margin for error long.
- The hole location on the 11th invites taking on some more risk, but missing the green by bailing out right is not the best play.
- We’ve got an eagle pin on the 13th, there’s no doubt about that, but it will be tough to get back to the hole location and hold the putting surface.
- The hole location on No. 15 will be difficult to reach in two and will likely see a number of three-putts to get back there.
Saturday scoring is expected to be modest because of the pressure of the Masters and also the potential for weather to roll in sooner than we expect for Sunday’s final round.