The 2019 Masters Friday pin sheet has been released for the second round during which will be played under warm weather conditions, with morning rain falling on the golf course.
That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 87-player field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2019 Masters Friday second round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is inviting for a potential eagle for the bold shot, a change from Day 1
- The hole location on the fourth may be the most inviting for a player hitting a cut or who can work the ball both ways
- The hole location on the 11th requires a daring shot, and there's no room for bailing out lest the bunker comes into play
- On the 12th, the pin is tucked just over the middle bunker fronting the green, making it tough to score
- We've got an eagle pin on the 13th, there's no doubt about that. But Rae's Creek is in play for the bold.
Friday scoring is expected to be fairly good, given the morning rain that could soften the golf course even further.