The 2019 Masters Thursday pin sheet has been released for the opening round during which will be played under perfect weather conditions, including sunshine, 83-degree temperatures and modest wind. That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 87-player field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2019 Masters Thursday first round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The pin on the par-4 first is arguably the toughest on that green because of the sloping off behind it.
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is arguably the most difficult on the hole, requiring a player to lay up to the right to have a chance to reach it or hit an amazing hook with a second shot
- The hole location on the 5th is friendly after the 40-yard lengthening, welcoming a longer iron into the hole
- On the 12th hole, the hole location is over the bunker but with plenty of depth to get the ball to the location
- At the par-3 16th, the hole location is just shy of the Sunday location, so players will have to judge the slope differently
Thursday scoring is expected to be fairly good, given the ideal weather conditions and expected lack of rain and wind in the forecast.