The 2018 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational field is set with the passing of the typical Friday entry deadline. The field is set for this event, played at Firestone Country Club's South Course in Akron, Ohio.
The WGC-Bridgestone Invitational field is headlined by Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler, Patrick Reed and Phil Mickelson. The whole world top 50, including Tiger Woods, is in the field.
2018 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational field and invitees
- Playing members of the 2017 U.S. and International Presidents Cup teams: Daniel Berger, Kevin Chappell, Jason Day, Rickie Fowler, Branden Grace, Emiliano Grillo, Adam Hadwin, Charley Hoffman, Dustin Johnson, Kim Si-woo, Kevin Kisner, Brooks Koepka, Matt Kuchar, Anirban Lahiri, Marc Leishman, Hideki Matsuyama, Phil Mickelson, Louis Oosthuizen, Patrick Reed, Charl Schwartzel, Adam Scott, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Jhonattan Vegas
- The top-50 players, including any tied for 50th place, from the Official World Golf Ranking as of July 23: Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Rafael Cabrera-Bello, Patrick Cantlay, Paul Casey, Bryson DeChambeau, Tony Finau, Ross Fisher, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Tommy Fleetwood, Sergio García, Brian Harman, Tyrrell Hatton, Zach Johnson, Satoshi Kodaira, Li Haotong, Luke List, Rory McIlroy, Francesco Molinari, Kevin Na, Alex Norén, Pat Perez, Ian Poulter, Jon Rahm, Justin Rose, Xander Schauffele, Webb Simpson, Cameron Smith, Kyle Stanley, Henrik Stenson, Bubba Watson, Gary Woodland, Tiger Woods
- The top-50 players, including any tied for 50th place, from the Official World Golf Ranking as of July 30: TBD
- Tournament winners since the 2017 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational with an Official World Golf Ranking Strength of Field Rating of 115 points or more: Alexander Björk, Austin Cook, Paul Dunne, Patton Kizzire, Russell Knox, Andrew Landry, Thorbjørn Olesen, Wade Ormsby, Ted Potter Jr., Shubhankar Sharma, Brendan Steele, Brandon Stone, Aaron Wise
- The winner of the 2018 Japan Golf Tour Championship: Kodai Ichihara
- The winner of the 2017 Bridgestone Open: Ryuko Tokimatsu
- The winner of the 2017 Australian PGA Championship: (Cameron Smith)
- The winner of the 2018 Dimension Data Pro-Am: Jaco Ahlers
- The winner of the 2017 Indonesian Masters: (Justin Rose)
Top 50 players in 2018 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational field
As of right now, the entire top 50 in the current Official World Golf Ranking is in the field for the year's third World Golf Championships event.