The 2018 US Open will not be showed on TV — on Fox Sports 1 and Fox — before 11 a.m. on any day of the championship. However, if you want to get your U.S. Open fix and watch the action from Shinnecock Hills Golf Club sooner than that, then you have to download the USGA’s U.S. Open app or Fox Sports Go.
And, if you have an Apple TV device, then you can start watching the 2018 US Open on TV starting at 8:30 a.m. for the first two days of the championship.
Fox Sports Go, usopen.com and the US Open app will stream all of Fox’s US Open broadcast coverage as well three additional streams, including two channels following four separate featured groups (two each) and a featured holes channel.
RELATED: 2018 US Open streaming schedule
You can use your Apple device, either the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, with the Apple TV device to stream the US Open digital channels. Here’s how:
- Fire up the USGA U.S. Open app or the Fox Sports Go on your Apple device and start playing one of the digital channels.
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Drag up from the bottom of your Apple device to pull up a menu with options for turning on AirPlay. In the middle of the screen, press the AirPlay button, allowing the Apple device to be discovered by the Apple TV box.
- Apple TV will automatically discover your Apple device and, when it does, your Apple device will display the name of your Apple TV (usually “Apple TV”).
- Select that Apple TV name.
- The Masters video channel you’ve selected will start playing on your Apple TV with high-definition quality.
- If you want to change digital channels, do it on your Apple device in the app.