The 2018 US Open weather forecast looks to include the chance of rain falling on Wednesday at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club, and the updated forecast for the week calls for significant wind on Thursday all day and Friday morning.
The general weather forecast calls for basically no chance of rain during championship days, with temperatures in the 70s, going into the low 70s after Thursday. The wind will be heavy gusting on Thursday, in the 30 mph range at times. The same will be true Friday morning, but the wind is expected to die down in the afternoon. The prevailing wind at Shinnecock is from the northwest, but the dominant direction on Sunday will be from the opposite direction, making the course particularly difficult. The wind will pick up in intensity on Saturday and Sunday through the day.
2018 US Open updated weather forecast
- Wednesday: 66 degrees, scattered thunderstorms, SSW 9 mph winds, gusting to 22 mph
- Thursday: 77 degrees, sunny, W 15 mph winds, gusting to 30 mph through the day
- Friday: 71 degrees, partly cloudy, NW 12 mph winds, gusting to 25 in the morning
- Saturday: 73 degrees, mostly sunny, W 10 mph winds gusting to 25-30 mph late in the day
- Sunday: 73 degrees, mostly sunny, SW 12 mph winds gusting to 25-30 mph late in the day