Looking for 2018 Wells Fargo Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2018 Wells Fargo Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
Just a week away from The Players, the Wells Fargo Championship is back in Charlotte at Quail Hollow Club after a year in Wilmington so the Queen City could host the PGA Championship (which, curiously, will also be in May starting next year). A very solid field is assembled for this one, but many of the key players from last year won't be in the field -- an interesting note here.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends. You can try GNN Plus for 72 hours for $3!
2018 Wells Fargo Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Rory McIlroy -- McIlroy didn't finish the job at the Masters, but he absolutely loves this golf course. He wasn't in the best shape golf-wise last year during the PGA, but his game is pretty outstanding right now.
2. Rickie Fowler -- There are few guys you'd say are horses for this course, particularly since the changes for the PGA, but Rickie Fowler is one of them. He had the Wanamaker last year before Justin Thomas did his great work on Sunday to win his first major.
3. Justin Thomas -- Thomas comes off a missed cut at the team event, and we haven't seen him play solo since the Masters, so he's basically been off the radar a month. Best golfer in the world still, and he has a chance to get to No. 1 in the world in a few weeks.
4. Patrick Reed -- The Masters champion definitely seems like he's still trying to figure out life as a major winner, but that's a common thing. He posted a second-place finish here at the PGA, and he seems to have the par-5 knack needed to do well here (and Augusta).
5. Tiger Woods -- Tiger hasn't played since the Masters, so there shouldn't be any fatigue issues. He hasn't played on the "new" Quail Hollow, so there will be some adjustment, particularly early in the round.
6. Tommy Fleetwood -- Fleetwood brough in buddy Chris Paisley to do the Zurich, and they finished top five so Paisley got in here. Pretty awesome gesture. Fleetwood is so solid anywhere he plays.
7. Paul Casey -- Casey was a surprise MC at Harbour Town, but the man's entitled to the occasional letdown. His Sunday to a back-door top-15 at the Masters was a beaut.
8. Tony Finau -- In concept, Finau should do great here. He's long, and provided he doesn't spray it anywhere, he should reduce the scorecard length dramatically.
9. Jason Day -- This is more of an upside pick than anything. Day has played so sparsely, it's easy to forget his great early start to the year. Been kind of a top-20 guy since, but that's not a bad thing.
10. Webb Simpson -- Simpson is a member here, and he's done some good work at this tournament in the past.
My primary DraftKings lineup
- Tommy Fleetwood - $9,000
- Paul Casey - $8,900
- Tony Finau - $8,700
- Alex Noren - $8,100
- Bill Haas - $7,600
- Chesson Hadley - $7,500
For more DraftKings analysis, sign up for GNN Plus and check out our 2018 Wells Fargo Championship DraftKings advice!