The 2018 Masters Saturday pin sheet has been released for the third round during which will be played under rainy and windy weather conditions. That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 53-player weekend field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2018 Masters Saturday third round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is somewhat similar to the opening round but won't have the benefit of the slope at the back of the green.
- The shot required to get back to the hole location on the ninth is a trying one.
- The hole location on the 11th invites a lot of water balls or playing away from the hole location into a difficult, potential disastrous pitch shot
- We've got an eagle pin on the 13th, there's no doubt about that. But Rae's Creek is in play for the bold.
- The hole location on No. 15 will be difficult to reach in two and will likely see a number of three-putts to get back there.
Saturday scoring is expected to be difficult given the weather conditions and wind which are expected to pick up throughout the afternoon, making it most trying for the final pairings.