The 2018 Masters Friday pin sheet has been released for the second round during which will be played under perfect weather conditions, including sunshine, 66-degree temperatures and minimal wind. That weather will impact how Augusta National plays and how the 87-player field will approach the course. So, too, will the hole locations (pin placements) as selected by the Masters Tournament Committee.
2018 Masters Friday second round pin placements
Some things to note:
- The hole location on the par-5 2nd is inviting for a potential eagle for the bold shot, a change from Day 1
- Don’t come up short of the target on the fifth today, or it’s otherwise a likely three-putt
- A great cut shot into the seventh hole could lead to an eagle.
- The hole location on the 11th invites a lot of water balls or playing away from the hole location into a difficult, potential disastrous pitch shot
- We’ve got an eagle pin on the 13th, there’s no doubt about that. But Rae’s Creek is in play for the bold.
Friday scoring is expected to be fairly good, given the ideal, cooler weather conditions and expected lack of rain and wind in the forecast.