With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 Safeway Open, continue to the 2017 The RSM Classic this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September 2018, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We have just one official PGA Tour event remaining in 2017, and it's at Sea Island (on St. Simons Island, Ga.) for The RSM Classic. This is Davis Love III's event unofficially speaking, and the Sea Island Mafia is out in force on this two-course event. Typically, this is 14-18 under winning score, and we had a four-guy playoff last year.
We had a big sweat last week on Pat Perez getting through on the number, but he surged up the leaderboard on Sunday to salvage a good finish.
2017 The RSM Classic One and Done picks
- Bill Haas: A former winner here, and he's a cut above in this field to end 2017
- Webb Simpson: Top-20s in his two starts this season sounds good to me.
- Charles Howell III: He performs very well in this event historically, and he was great in Mexico.
- Braden Thornberry: He's an am, but the dude is on fire at Ole Miss. Why not.
- Kevin Kisner: Probably going to use Kisner elsewhere, but he's the field, so worth a consideration.
- Matt Kuchar: Sea Island Mafia co-chair Matt Kuchar should do well in a home game.
My pick this week will be Charles Howell III, thinking this is a reasonable place to use him aside from The Honda Classic.
2017-2018 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- Safeway Open: Webb Simpson (T-17)
- CIMB Classic: Xander Schauffele (T-3)
- CJ Cup at Nine Bridges: Tony Finau (T-26)
- WGC-HSBC Champions: Henrik Stenson (T-2)
- Sanderson Farms Championship: Chesson Hadley (2nd)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Open: Ryan Moore (T-51)
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba: Pat Perez (T-33)
- The RSM Classic: Charles Howell III