Looking for 2017 WGC-HSBC Champions picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 WGC-HSBC Champions rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The Asian Swing continues this week with the WGC-HSBC Champions in China. This is a 78-player event with no cut and a staggering $9.75 million purse. This is a big-boy purse with nearly the entirety of the world top 50 in attendance, minus Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas and Sergio Garcia (big missing names).
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 WGC-HSBC Champions rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Dustin Johnson -- This is deference as much as anything, particularly since we haven't seen DJ since the Pres Cup. However, he's a past winner and is still among the best five in the world.
2. Hideki Matsuyama -- This is also a bit of deference since Matsuyama struggled a little down the end of the PGA Tour schedule. But a T-5 in CIMB portends well for this defense.
3. Paul Casey -- Casey's playing some of the most consistent golf in the world right now. Wouldn't you expect that to continue?
4. Marc Leishman -- Leishman is playing the best golf of his career, and hopefully that showdown with Thomas in Korea winds up being a positive.
5. Tyrrell Hatton -- Hatton is back, baby! He's won two in a row in substantial events on the European Tour.
6. Patrick Reed -- Reed is also back, albeit not in the same way Hatton is. Consistency has returned, and he's a threat to have a high finish most every week.
7. Jon Rahm -- A missed cut at Valderrama was disappointing, but Rahm has otherwise been solid through the FedEx Cup playoffs.
8. Justin Rose -- Four straight top-10 finishes on the PGA Tour? Yes, sir. Just concerned about a break of sorts.
9. Pat Perez -- Perez has been bangin': wins CIMB and T-5 in the CJ Cup. Let's roll.
10. Ross Fisher -- Fisher's been a killer on Sundays on the European Tour of late, and he could've had the Italian Open that Hatton won. Playing prime golf.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Paul Casey - $9,400
- Pat Perez - $9,100
- Ross Fisher - $8,400
- Tyrrell Hatton - $8,200
- Peter Uihlein - $7,600
- Bill Haas - $7,300