The 2017 British Open Championship begins on Friday (July 21) with the second round from Royal Birkdale Golf Club in England. The second round begins right at 1:35 a.m. Eastern time, with players teeing off the first tee in threesomes at the game's oldest major championship.
Henrik Stenson defends against a field headlined by Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas and Rickie Fowler that is vying for the $1,845,000 second-place prize from the $10.25 million prize pool.
We've got all the info you need to know to get ready for the 2017 British Open Championship second round, including the leaderboard featured groups and tee times, TV times and how you can watch online, as well second-round pin placements.
British Open Championship leaderboard
The 2017 British Open Championship leaderboard is headed by three players, with Jordan Spieth, Matt Kuchar and Brooks Koepka all opening with 5-under 65. Paul Casey and Charl Schwartzel are tied in fourth place with 66.
|T6||Rafa Cabrera Bello||-3||67|
Tee times and featured groups
A full starting field tees off in threesomes on Friday, with the 2017 British Open Championship Friday tee times running from 1:35 a.m. Eastern time through the final group at 11:16 a.m. (or 4:16 p.m.).
Here are complete, full-field tee times throughout the day:
- 1:35 a.m. -- Andrew Johnston, Adam Hadwin, Todd Hamilton
- 1:46 a.m. -- John Daly, Adam Bland, Connor Syme (a)
- 1:57 a.m. -- William McGirt, Toby Tree, Jamie Lovemark
- 2:08 a.m. -- Matthew Griffin, Austin Connelly, Matthew Southgate
- 2:19 a.m. -- Cameron Smith, Bill Haas, Callum Shinkwin
- 2:30 a.m. -- Michael Hendry, Brian Harman, Martin Laird
- 2:41 a.m. -- Ernie Els, Ross Fisher, Bernd Wiesberger
- 2:52 a.m. -- Tyrrell Hatton, Martin Kaymer, Aaron Baddeley
- 3:03 a.m. -- Zach Johnson, Jason Day, Sergio Garcia
- 3:14 a.m. -- Andy Sullivan, Joost Luiten, David Lipsky
- 3:25 a.m. -- Rickie Fowler, Adam Scott, Paul Casey
- 3:36 a.m. -- Matt Kuchar, Richie Ramsay, Ryan Fox
- 3:47 a.m. -- Kevin Kisner, Charley Hoffman, David Drysdale
- 4:03 a.m. -- Jimmy Walker, Hideto Tanihara, Thorbjorn Olesen
- 4:14 a.m. -- Jhonattan Vegas, Brandon Stone, Sean O’Hair
- 4:25 a.m. -- Daniel Berger, Pablo Larrazabal, Yuta Ikeda
- 4:36 a.m. -- Paul Lawrie, Kevin Chappell, Yusaku Miyazato
- 4:47 a.m. -- Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson Charl Schwartzel
- 4:58 a.m. -- Jon Rahm, Patrick Reed, Lee Westwood
- 5:09 a.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Francesco Molinari, Marc Leishman
- 5:20 a.m. -- Scott Hend, Rafa Cabrera Bello, Bubba Watson
- 5:31 a.m. -- Paul Waring, Kyle Stanley, Kevin Na
- 5:42 a.m. -- Gi-Whan Kim, Xander Schauffele, Andrew Dodt
- 5:53 a.m. -- Haotong Li, Kent Bulle, Haydn McCullen
- 6:04 a.m. -- Jbe Kruger, Nicholas McCarthy, Ashley Hall
- 6:15 a.m. -- Ryan McCarthy, Laurie Canter, Sebastian Munoz
- 6:36 a.m. -- Mark O’Meara, Chris Wood, Ryan Moore
- 6:47 a.m. -- Phachara Khongwatmai, Maverick McNealy (a), Stuart Manley
- 6:58 a.m. -- Stewart Cink, Sandy Lyle, Jeunghun Wang
- 7:09 a.m. -- Paul Broadhurst, Thongchai Jaidee, Roberto Castro
- 7:20 a.m. -- Tom Lehman, Byeong Hun An, Darren Fichardt
- 7:31 a.m. -- Soren Kjeldsen, Billy Horschel, Danny Willett
- 7:42 a.m. -- Matthew Fitzpatrick, Steve Stricker, Emiliano Grillo
- 7:53 a.m. -- Jason Dufner, Branden Grace, Bryson DeChambeau
- 8:04 a.m. -- Alex Noren, Russell Knox, Ian Poulter
- 8:15 a.m. -- David Duval, Prayad Marksaeng, KT Kim
- 8:26 a.m. -- Younghan Song, David Horsey, Dylan Frittelli
- 8:37 a.m. -- Mike Lorenzo-Vera, Charles Howell III, Shiv Kapur
- 8:48 a.m. -- Russell Henley, Fabrizio Zanotti, Peter Uihlein
- 9:04 a.m. -- Alexander Levy, Brendan Steele, Webb Simpson
- 9:15 a.m. -- Wesley Bryan, Anirban Lahiri, Alfie Plant (a)
- 9:26 a.m. -- Darren Clarke, Gary Woodland, Harry Ellis (a)
- 9:37 a.m. -- Padraig Harrington, Pat Perez, Thomas Pieters
- 9:48 a.m. -- Henrik Stenson, Si Woo Kim, Jordan Spieth
- 9:59 a.m. -- Louis Oosthuizen, Justin Rose, Justin Thomas
- 10:10 a.m. -- Brooks Koepka, Hideki Matsuyama, Tommy Fleetwood
- 10:21 a.m. -- JB Holmes, Brandt Snedeker, Shane Lowry
- 10:32 a.m. -- Richard Bland, Shaun Norris, Luca Cianchetto (a)
- 10:43 a.m. -- Yikeun Chang, Chan Kim, Mark Foster
- 10:54 a.m. -- Sung Kang, Tony Finau, Matthieu Pavon
- 11:05 a.m. -- Alexander Bjork, Joe Dean, Robert Streb
- 11:16 a.m. -- Robert Dinwiddie, Julian Suri, Adam Hodkinson
The R&A releases the second-round pin sheet with the pin placements (or as they say officially, hole locations) just before play gets going in the morning.
TV times and how to watch online
The British Open Championship airs on TV on Friday on Golf Channel, with coverage going from 1:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Eastern.
On the Golf Channel app and on golfchannel.com, streaming coverage beings at 1:30 a.m. Eastern. The R&A also has three channels of streaming coverage on theopen.com, including featured groups and holes 12-14.