Looking for 2017 Greenbrier Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 Greenbrier Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The Greenbrier Classic is here, and it's a week to look back on the tragic flood in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va., and the surrounding area last year. We also can marvel at the incredible recovery at the resort in just a year. Danny Lee is the sort-of defending champion from 2015, and Patrick Reed, Phil Mickelson and Bubba Watson headline the field.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Greenbrier Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Webb Simpson - Simpson has been playing some great golf for a while now, including a good Travelers effort. He has the most top-10s in this event of anyone in the field.
2. David Lingmerth - Lingmerth has also been pretty hot of late, including a killer opening two rounds at TPC Potomac. He's a hot hand striking the ball well.
3. Bill Haas - Haas has enjoyed a very nice run of late, including an exceptional (for him) U.S. Open.
4. Patrick Reed - Reed is really trending in the right direction, with top-22 finishes in seven of his last eight starts.
5. Kevin Kisner - Kisner took a few weeks off post-Open, but he's been on a strong tear in the last three months.
6. Charles Howell III - CH3 now has 16 SECOND-PLACE FINISHES in his PGA Tour career. Good gravy. Playing great, now back from injury.
7. Danny Lee - The de facto defending champion here, Lee has three top-six finishes in his last six starts, all with paychecks.
8. Sean O'Hair - We may be catching O'Hair on the downside of a great run, but he seems to like The Old White TPC.
9. Jimmy Walker - Walker has missed two cuts in a row after making nine straight. He's a classic player who has some good results here.
10. Phil Mickelson - This is a hunch play more than anything. New caddie could be a good thing. (Otherwise, look at someone like David Hearn.)
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Webb Simpson - $10,100
- David Lingmerth - $10,000
- Sean O'Hair - $8,100
- Jimmy Walker - $7,800
- Ollie Schniederjans - $7,400
- Zac Blair - $6,600
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!