Looking for 2017 Travelers Championship picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 Travelers Championship rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The Travelers Championship is an underrated event that, this week, might finally get an extra pop. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy and Jason Day headline here, while Russell Knox is the defending champion a year after Jim Furyk finished the first-ever 58 in PGA Tour history here at TPC River Highlands.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Travelers Championship rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Marc Leishman - I never imagined a day when Marc Leishman would lead my ranking. But, he's a great play here based on track record (with a win) and he's been on a quiet roll of late.
2. Justin Thomas - Thomas couldn't keep it going after that amazing 63 on Saturday at Erin Hills. However, he's been playing great overall of late and makes this a regular stop.
3. Rory McIlroy - This is a potential play as much as anything. However, TPC River Highlands isn't a huge driver course. McIlroy can choose to take away his biggest edge. No bueno at Erin Hills.
4. Paul Casey - Casey was an early weekend fade at Erin Hills, and he may never win a major. However, this place is like manna for Casey and he plays the course beautifully.
5. Brian Harman - I may have the vapors on Harman, but I really admired how he played down the stretch at the Open. He was third here in 2015, and he's been on a great run of late.
6. Brandt Snedeker - Sneds was fighting hard on Sunday for that top 10 at Erin Hills, and he got it. Loved the grit. His putting game really plays nicely anywhere, but it's particularly handy at TPC River Highlands.
7. Jordan Spieth - Spieth is now two years removed from winning a major. Maybe he's pressing. He should find TPC River Highlands friendly given his ballstriking this season...his putter needs to wake up.
8. Jason Day - This is a ranking based almost purely on potential. He has the game to slaughter this course and field. But where is he after a disappointing Open, which is his best major?
9. Charley Hoffman - The Hoff should probably be way higher, but this week's top 10 is pretty much a closed, fluid list. Great record here.
10. Brendan Steele - Steele quietly was great at Erin Hills. He deserved more TV time. He just doesn't miss at Travelers.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Brandt Snedeker - $9,400
- Brendan Steele - $9,000
- Brian Harman - $8,900
- Kevin Streelman - $7,800
- Charley Hoffman - $7,300
- Graham DeLaet - $7,100
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!