Looking for 2017 FedEx St. Jude Classic picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 FedEx St. Jude Classic rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The FedEx St. Jude Classic occupies the awkward space of the week before a major well. TPC Southwind is a course that a number of players like, and they can be counted on to come back to the event year after year. Dustin Johnson is a regular not in Memphis this year, but Rickie Fowler, Phil Mickelson, Adam Scott and Brooks Koepka headline.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 FedEx St. Jude Classic rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Rickie Fowler - Rickie almost bagged himself a W at Jack's place, and he's got a top-15 finish here at TPC Southwind. Most consistent player in the field.
2. Brooks Koepka - Koepka has come down some from his greatest finishes of the season, but he's been on the medal stand here two of the last three years.
3. Adam Scott - Scott is almost always a top-10 pick. It just kind of depends on where you want to slot him. Not great at Memorial, but that's not a deterrent.
4. Phil Mickelson - With Mickelson not at the U.S. Open, this is a great chance to slot The Thrill. He loves this golf course.
5. Kevin Chappell - Chappell has some mediocre finishes since winning the Texas Open, but he is making some money without his best stuff. Riding a hunch here.
6. Francesco Molinari - Molinari had himself a chance to win the BMW PGA Championship, but he was bested by Alex Noren. Playing great, controlled golf this year.
7. Steve Stricker - Stricker could well WD after qualifying for the U.S. Open, but he almost won here last year and got into the British Open. He's playing great golf.
8. Kyle Stanley - Stanley has three top-10 finishes in his last six starts. I didn't even realize that until just now. Ride it.
9. Brian Gay - He's a former winner here -- in a blowout, in fact -- and he's playing some brilliant golf since fulfilling a major medical. Good combo.
10. Billy Horschel - Alright, BillyHo didn't work out at Jack's place. That quad early in Round 1 didn't help. But don't let one hole at Muirfield Village ruin a good Southwind record.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Phil Mickelson - $10,200
- Kyle Stanley - $8,400
- Brian Gay - $8,200
- Steve Stricker - $7,900
- Chad Campbell - $7,600
- Graeme McDowell - $7,500
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!