With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 Memorial Tournament this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We move to Jack's tournament (the OG) this week, the Memorial Tournament. After a lousy field last year thanks to the bizarre Olympics-influenced schedule, it's a very strong field again this year. Dustin Johnson is the favorite, with Jon Rahm and Jason Day and Jordan Spieth all among the contenders at Muirfield Village.
2017 Memorial Tournament One and Done picks
- Bill Haas: Haas is super interesting this week. He's playing pretty well and has a good record at Muirfield Village. Would fit it with recent under-the-radar winners.
- Billy Horschel: The Nelson winner is clearly a little erratic in play, but he seems to have come out good of late. Decent Memorial record.
- Hideki Matsuyama: If you somehow haven't blown Hideki somewhere else, this isn't a bad time since he's won here
- Matt Kuchar: If you haven't used Kooch yet, do it now. He loves this place.
- Tony Finau: Finau has a good record here and continues to show progress toward a second PGA Tour win. He's a solid hedge.
My pick this week will be Tony Finau. I just get the feeling that he's ready.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: Peter Uihlein (T-5)
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton (T-17)
- Shell Houston Open: J.B. Holmes (MC)
- Masters Tournament: Jordan Spieth (T-11)
- RBC Heritage: Matt Kuchar (T-11)
- Valero Texas Open: Brendan Steele (T-62)
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Ryan Palmer (with Jordan Spieth) (4th)
- Wells Fargo Championship: Francesco Molinari (T-24)
- The Players Championship: Kevin Chappell (T-35)
- AT&T Byron Nelson: Brooks Koepka (T-50)
- Dean & DeLuca Invitational at Colonial: Bud Cauley (T-41)
- the Memorial Tournament: Tony Finau