Looking for 2017 Valero Texas Open picks, either for betting or fantasy golf games like DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, Golf Channel or the PGA Tour?
We have your 2017 Valero Texas Open rankings and expert picks, as we do each week of the PGA Tour season.
The Valero Texas Open is here, and this, admittedly, is a down field compared to a lot of other weeks of the year. With the new 1-in-4 Rule, some players are shifting from this field to others, and the Greg Norman design isn't really all that great. However, we have some clear horse-for-course and form picks this week.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Valero Texas Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Charley Hoffman - Choff (still trying out nicknames for him) is defending champion and the only player we've seen this year to be in the top 15 of an event for the last six years running. No choice but to pick him.
2. Brendan Steele - If, for some reason, you don't want Hoffman, then pick Steele. Past winner here, great overall record, and he hasn't missed a paycheck all year.
3. Matt Kuchar - Kuch backdoored himself a nice finish on Sunday at Harbour Town, almost sneaking into the top 10. Good record here, and the money pays all the same whether the bulk is earned on Thursday or Sunday...when no one's looking.
4. Jimmy Walker - The Walkman finished T-18 at the Masters, and no one noticed. OK, their loss. Past winner here and hasn't missed a cut since Torrey Pines.
5. Brooks Koepka - This is a bit of a gamble, riding with Koepka this week. However, his good finishes in the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play and at the Masters give a sense that maybe he's coming along again.
6. Kevin Chappell - Chappy finished T-7 at the Masters, and I'm pretty sure not one shot of his was broadcast all weekend. Good form and a good record here makes him sneaky good as a pick.
7. Daniel Summerhays - You probably won't find me ranking Summerhays in any other top 10 this year, but, he's a stud at TPC San Antonio. A bit hit-or-miss this year.
8. Billy Horschel - We thought Horschel was coming around a month ago, but he looked rusty at Harbour Town. Good record here, and the Gator should handle the wind well.
9. Ryan Palmer - Palmer is a horse-for-course pick, sure, but he was T-11 at Harbour Town and has made three of his last four cuts.
10. Adam Hadwin - Can this guy go on his honeymoon already?! I guess not when you're running well like he is. Playing consistent, happy golf. What's not to like?
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Charley Hoffman - $10,700
- Brendan Steele - $9,900
- J.J. Spaun - $7,800
- Soren Kjeldsen - $7,500
- Daniel Summerhays - $7,000
- J.T. Poston - $6,900
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!