Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' and FanDuel's one-week fantasy leagues, daily fantasy golf lineups, Yahoo fantasy golf, Golf Channel fantasy golf and PGA Tour fantasy golf leagues.
The PGA Tour heads into Houston -- well, the Houston area -- for the Shell Houston Open. This is the final chance a player has to get into the Masters, while Golf Club of Houston is set up as an Augusta National look-a-like in preparation for the year's first major. This is a must-play for the guys who like playing their way into a major championship, like Dustin Johnson.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Shell Houston Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Jordan Spieth - Spieth came out flat in his first match at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play, and that was that, basically. However, he didn't play that poorly and his form is generally good. Has contended here previously.
2. Phil Mickelson - Mickelson has said he doesn't really try to win this event. That's fine, though, as he is a routine top-15 finisher here. He's a good fantasy team addition if you're not limited on starts. Otherwise, wait 'til next week.
3. Jon Rahm - Rahm played a lot of golf last week, just like Dustin Johnson. If Rahm remains in the field, his power should help him maneuver around Golf Club of Houston without much issue.
4. Henrik Stenson - He's either in the top 10 or he misses the cut right now, which is pretty fascinating. Enough screwing around, he's ready to win another major or not, and we'll know this week.
5. Justin Rose - Rose is a tough flower to pick each week. Yes, he makes money. However, his pattern this year is a great start followed by an OK one. He's on the OK part of the cycle this week.
6. Rickie Fowler - The Rickster is playing great golf. He could well surprise some people this week and next, which is saying a lot given his talent.
7. Charles Howell III - Howell just keeps making money, and that's something you need on a fantasy team. Top-10 finish in three of the last four years.
8. J.B. Holmes - Holmes has cashed in every event this season, and he had a nice finish at the WGC-Mexico. He's a horse-for-course pick this week.
9. Russell Henley - Henley loves this tournament, and he's a total horse-for-course pick here. A top-seven machine.
10. Billy Horschel - Horschel is starting to build back toward a win, though this isn't his favorite tournament.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
AWAITING DRAFTKINGS PRICING
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!