With the PGA Tour deciding to offer a one-and-done fantasy golf platform starting in 2017, as well the increasing number of private one-and-done leagues, we here at Golf News Net will offer weekly one-and-done fantasy golf picks separate from our weekly fantasy golf rankings and picks.
We began with the 2017 SBS Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, continue to the 2017 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play this week and will work through the Tour Championship in Atlanta in September, keeping track of our picks all along the way.
First, before we begin, if you're not familiar with game, read this primer on the one-and-done fantasy golf format, and welcome to the game. It really is as easy as it sounds, but you have to take a long-term view of the season to figure out how best to use players.
We are in Austin, Texas for the premier event of two this week, the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play. Austin Country Club again hosts 64 of the top players in the world, 64 of the top 69 in the Official World Golf Ranking. This is a difficult, if not impossible, week to predict, but one-and-done games require it, so we have to be strategic. (Also, check out our Puerto Rico Open picks.)
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
2017 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play One and Done picks
- Ryan Moore: Moore finished T-34 at Bay Hill and is kind of a tough nut to crack in match play.
- Brandt Snedeker: Sneds is on a good little run the last month. If you didn't use him already (probably should have), he's a good match play guy.
- Tyrrell Hatton: You might not be willing to plug in the Englishman in a big spot, but he's playing great and you may not want to use him in a major.
- Jon Rahm: If you haven't hopped on the Rahm Train already, why not pick him here? He's clearly shown he can hang.
My pick this week will be Tyrrell Hatton. I'm a big fan of his play, and he's got nothing to lose by breaking out in a big way here.
2017 PGA Tour One-and Done Picks
- SBS Tournament of Champions: Jason Dufner (21st)
- Sony Open in Hawaii: Jimmy Walker (MC)
- CareerBuilder Challenge: Bill Haas (T-17)
- Farmers Insurance Open: Brandt Snedeker (T-9)
- Waste Management Phoenix Open: Hideki Matsuyama (WIN)
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Justin Rose (T-39)
- Genesis Open: Sergio Garcia (T-49)
- The Honda Classic: Rickie Fowler (WIN)
- WGC-Mexico Championship: Rafa Cabrera Bello (T-38)
- Valspar Championship: Charles Howell III (T-49)
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: Henrik Stenson (MC)
- Puerto Rico Open: CLICK HERE
- WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play: Tyrrell Hatton