The 2017 Symetra Tour schedule has been released on a preliminary basis, and will offer a decrease in money from the record $4-plus million from 2016.
The preliminary schedule features 21 events, with $2.85 million in total prize money -- still a hike over years prior to 2016 but less, in large part, to the removal of Symetra's purse subsidy program that matched purse increases from individual tournaments.
The richest tournament on the schedule for 2017 is the $210,000 Sioux Falls GreatLIFE Challenge from Aug. 31-Sept. 3.
The schedule features two new events, the Northern California Classic at Windsor Golf Club (April 7-9) and The Donald Ross Centennial Classic at French Lick Resort (July 7-9). The Gateway Classic at Longbow Golf Club (March 30-April 1) returns to Mesa, Arizona after a one-year hiatus. The Symetra Classic (April 28-30) has a new venue.
Symetra took over the naming rights of the tour, which has been the LPGA's official developmental tour since 1999, in November 2011.
2017 Symetra Tour schedule:
- March 10-12: Fla.orida’s Natural Charity Classic, Country Club of Winter Haven, Winter Haven, Fla., $125,000
- March 24-26: IOA Championship Presented by Morongo, Morongo Golf Club at Tukwet Canyon, Beaumont, Calif., $100,000
- March 30-April 1: Gateway Classic at Longbow Golf Club, Longbow Golf Club, Mesa, Ariz., $100,000
- April 7-9: Northern California Classic at Windsor Golf Club, Windsor Golf Club, Windsor, Calif., $100,000
- April 21-23: Sara Bay Classic, Sara Bay Country Club, Sarasota, Fla., $110,000
- April 28-30: Symetra Classic, Atlanta National Golf Club, Milton, Ga., $150,000
- May 11-14: Self Regional HealthCare Foundation Classic, Links at Stoney Point, Greenwood, S.C., $200,000
- June 2-4: Fuccillo Kia Championship at Capital Hills, Capital Hills at Albany, Albany, N.Y., $125,000
- June 9-11: Four Winds Invitational, Blackthorn Golf Club, South Bend, Ind., $150,000
- June 16-18: Decatur-Forsyth Classic, Hickory Point Golf Course, Decatur, IL, $130,000
- June 23-25: Island Resort Championship, Sweetgrass Golf Club, Harris, Mich., $150,000
- June 30-July 2: Tullymore Classic, Tullymore Golf Club, Canadian Lakes, Mich., $100,000
- July 7-9: Donald Ross Centennial Classic, French Lick Resort, French Lick, IN, $200,000
- July 20-23: Danielle Downey Credit Union Classic, Brook Lea Country Club, Rochester, NY, $150,000
- July 28-30: FireKeepers Casino Hotel Championship, Battle Creek Country Club, Battle Creek, Mich., $100,000
- Aug. 4-6: PHC Classic, Brown Deer Park Golf Course, Milwaukee, Wis., $100,000
- Aug. 31-Sept. 3: Sioux Falls GreatLIFE Challenge, Willow Run Golf Club, Sioux Falls, S.D., $210,000
- Sept. 7-10: Garden City Charity Classic at Buffalo Dunes, Buffalo Dunes Golf Club, Garden City, Kan., $150,000
- Sept. 15-17: Murphy USA El Dorado Shootout, Mystic Creek Golf Club, El Dorado, Ariz., $100,000
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1: IOA Golf Classic, Alaqua Country Club, Longwood, Fla., $100,000
- Oct. 5-8: Symetra Tour Championship, LPGA International (Jones Course), Daytona Beach, Fla., $200,000