Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' and FanDuel's one-week fantasy leagues, daily fantasy golf lineups, Yahoo fantasy golf, Golf Channel fantasy golf and PGA Tour fantasy golf leagues.
The PGA Tour heads into San Diego for what has become the unofficial start to the PGA Tour calendar, with Torrey Pines again hosting the Farmers Insurance Open. A slew of top-50 players are in the field, including Tiger Woods, who makes his first official PGA Tour start since August 2015.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 Farmers Insurance Open rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Brandt Snedeker - Your 2021 U.S. Open champion LOVES this place. He's the defending champion and is one of a handful of guys in the field with a stud record.
2. Dustin Johnson - DJ could be jet-lagged after finishing T-2 in Abu Dhabi. He doesn't have a swell record here. But he's healthy and we've seen a good finish of late. This guy is a top-10 machine.
3. Jason Day - The world No. 1 could have been No. 1-4 on our list this week. He's in at No. 3 despite a great record because we just don't know where his health is at this point.
4. Jimmy Walker - Jimmy Walker has been somewhat quietly playing good golf since winning the PGA Championship. He shocked with a MC at the Sony Open; don't expect that here.
5. Hideki Matsuyama - OK, not the best record at Torrey Pines, and we may be riding a down wave here with Hideki. However, it's hard to ignore his ballstriking when the rough is expected to be so thick.
6. Justin Rose - Rose came out of the gate really well, with a nice effort in the Sony Open in Hawaii add.
7. Phil Mickelson - Mickelson is a bit of a gamble, of course, but this is his hometown event. He demonstrated an improving game each day in the California desert.
8. Charles Howell III - Is it a PGA Tour event in California? Oh yes? Pick CH3. He's on fire.
9. Rickie Fowler - A T-36 in Abu Dhabi isn't inspiring, but he's a California kid with a game that can do well on these two courses.
10. Martin Laird - This is a gamble play, and there are considerably better players in the field. However, he's playing well of late and has a modest track record at Torrey Pines. Hard to ignore the combo.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Brandt Snedeker - $9,500
- Jimmy Walker - $9,400
- Jon Rahm - $9,200
- Charles Howell III - $7,300
- Aaron Baddeley - $6,900
- Scott Stallings - $6,800
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!