Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf rankings. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top fantasy golf picks for that week's tournament and give fantasy golf and betting tips for DraftKings' and FanDuel's one-week fantasy leagues, daily fantasy golf lineups, Yahoo fantasy golf, Golf Channel fantasy golf and PGA Tour fantasy golf leagues.
The PGA Tour comes to the mainland United States for the CareerBuilder Challenge, an event featuring a three-event rotation with a pro-am format in the Palm Springs neighborhood of the California desert. This is the second year for the rotation of PGA West's TPC Stadium Course (host) and Nicklaus Tournament Course, as well La Quinta Country Club.
For those new to our weekly picks, we offer our top 10 players for free. GNN Plus members get additional analysis and research otherwise hidden to the general public, and that's in addition to access to a searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, top-15 PGA Tour trends and season-long DraftKings salary trends.
2017 CareerBuilder Challenge rankings: Top 10 picks
1. Bill Haas - Haas is a two-time winner, including back in 2015, and he's the all-time money winner in the event. Hard to argue with his results. Hasn't missed a top-20 in four starts this season.
2. Charles Howell III - Get CH3 early in the year, and he usually won't let you down. Strong top-15 presence in this event and throughout the start of this early season.
3. Jamie Lovemark - Lovemark has quietly played some of the best golf on the PGA Tour in this early season. He was T-4 last week at Sony and was in the mix here last year. Finally starting to realize potential as a pro.
4. Patrick Reed - Reed loves playing this event, and he tends to stick to a schedule that favors his strong suits.
5. Luke List - It's kickin' in for Double L in 2016-17, notching top-15 finish after top-15 finish. He's at five in a row. He was T-6 here last year.
6. Jon Rahm - Rahm has never played here, but it's safe to say that this is a tournament he could pick off. He almost did it at Congressional last year, a place way more penal than two of three courses in this rotation.
7. Sean O'Hair - O'Hair had a great run in the playoffs last year, and he's continuing to play well. He's been inside the top 11 in his last pair of starts, and he hits a lot of greens.
8. Ryan Palmer - Palmer is a guy who should be making bank between the Sony and the Phil with his record at both events. A dud at Sony, Palmer should pick it back up here.
9. Zach Johnson - Johnson had a nice week at Sony to finish T-6 on a course that's not too big of a ballpark for him. These courses aren't too big either.
10. Emiliano Grillo - Grillo is a great tee-to-green player, which should help him regardless of conditions (some rain expected!) but his putter is a liability. On a course where you gotta make a lot of birdies and eagles, that's a problem.
My DraftKings lineup for this week:
- Bill Haas - $10,500
- Charles Howell III - $9,900
- Ryan Palmer - $8,000
- Chez Reavie - $7,500
- Sean O'Hair - $7,300
- Alex Cejka - $6,800
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!