The PGA Tour plays on anywhere from 48-50 courses most years, so the players see a variety of golf courses, architects, holes, grasses and styles. The lengths of these courses varies wildly, by 872 yards from the longest course on the PGA Tour (Torrey Pines' South Course, part of the Farmers Insurance Open) to the shortest course on the PGA Tour (Pebble Beach Golf Links, part of the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am).
We wanted to share with you the 10 longest courses on the PGA Tour and the 10 shortest courses on the PGA Tour in the 2015-16 season, which you can then compare to our list of the hardest courses on the PGA Tour and the easiest courses on the PGA Tour.
The longest courses on the PGA Tour
- Farmers Insurance Open, Torrey Pines GC (South), par 72, 7,698 yards
- Wells Fargo Championship, Quail Hollow Club, par 72, 7,575 yards
- Quicken Loans National, Congressional CC (Blue), par 71, 7,569 yards
- BMW Championship, Crooked Stick GC, par 72, 7,567 yards
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship, Trump National Doral, par 72, 7,543 yards
- Puerto Rico Open at Coco Beach, Coco Beach Golf & CC, par 72, 7,506 yards
- The Barclays, Bethpage State Park (Black), par 71, 7,468 yards
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions, Plantation Course at Kapalua, par 73, 7,452 yards
- Shell Houston Open, GC of Houston, par 72, 7,441 yards
- Masters Tournament, Augusta National GC, par 72, 7,435 yards
The longest course on the PGA Tour is Torrey Pines' South Course, which plays to a length of 7,698 yards. It can play that length, in part, because it was lengthened for the 2008 U.S. Open. That hasn't changed. Next up is the 7,575-yard Quail Hollow Club, which will also host a major, the 2017 PGA Championship. Congressional Country Club's Blue Course? Multi-time major host.
The longest course on the PGA Tour in 2017 will be U.S. Open host Erin Hills, which can play just shy of 8,000 yards.
The shortest courses on the PGA Tour
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Pebble Beach GL, par 72, 6,816 yards
- Travelers Championship, TPC River Highlands, par 70, 6,841 yards
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Monterey Peninsula CC, par 71, 6,867 yards
- AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, Spyglass Hill GC, par 72, 6,953 yards
- CIMB Classic, Kuala Lumpur G&CC, par 72, 6,985 yards
- OHL Classic at Mayakoba, El Camaleon GC, par 71, 6,987 yards
- The RSM Classic, Sea Island Resort (Seaside), par 70, 7,005 yards
- Sony Open in Hawaii, Waialae CC, par 70, 7,044 yards
- Farmers Insurance Open, Torrey Pines (North), par 72, 7,052 yards
- The RSM Classic, Sea Island Resort (Plantation), par 72, 7,058 yards
Three of the four shortest courses on the PGA Tour by the scorecard are the three that host the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, which makes sense given the format.