Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $100,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
The end of the PGA Tour season is here, with the FedEx Cup playoffs concluding at the Tour Championship at East Lake in Atlanta. We've got 30 players, which makes for an interesting fantasy situation given that there aren't all that many combinations of players you can have. However, we'll try to point you to the top third of the field for this week.
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 Tour Championship top 10 picks
2. Adam Scott -- Scott could very easily be No. 1, playing excellent golf in the playoffs and having a solid East Lake record.
3. Rory McIlroy -- Rory is playing well, obviously winning at TPC Boston. He seems to find a way to start well, then end poorly here. Maybe that changes.
4. Paul Casey -- Casey has been in position to win each of the last two playoff events, and that's probably a safe bet to continue here at East Lake.
5. Jason Day -- Day would be ranked a little higher were he not a bit of an injury risk with what happened to his back at the BMW Championship.
6. Patrick Reed -- Reed deserves a good look this week. Winning a FedEx Cup is something Reed could value a lot. He'd have to overcome a so-so East Lake record.
7. Jordan Spieth -- Spieth has had one facet of his game off in just about every tournament in the last four months. But, if he can find the putter again, he's going to finish the season on a high note.
8. Jimmy Walker -- The PGA champion is playing well in the playoffs, and he had himself in position to win the Deutsche Bank Championship.
9. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar went to Georgia Tech and he plays pretty well in this college hometown event. However, his form has slipped in the playoffs.
10. Bubba Watson -- Bubba has a pair of top-five finishes here in the last five years. That's not bad for a guy who doesn't like this course.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Adam Scott - $10,100
2. Paul Casey - $9,500
3. Matt Kuchar - $8,200
4. Jimmy Walker - $7,900
5. Emiliano Grillo - $6,900
6. Ryan Moore - $6,800
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis! Your first two months' dues will be donated to one of two charities: Special Olympics or The First Tee!
SUPPORT GNN IN OUR MISSION TO CHANGE GOLF MEDIA
For just $10 annually, you'll get:
- An ad-free experience
- Exclusive fantasy golf and betting research
- Special discounts and member benefits
- Entry into member-only giveaways
- A USGA handicap for just $20 per year