Welcome back to Golf News Net's weekly fantasy golf picks. Each week of the PGA Tour season, we'll present our top picks for that week's tournament and make recommendations for DraftKings' one-week fantasy leagues.
Have you ever played one-week fantasy leagues? YOU COULD WIN $50,000 THIS WEEK! Give them a try with a free entry this week with your first deposit. You could take down our expert picks and win some big bucks.
I don't know how we're ever going to top what we saw on Sunday at Royal Troon. We can debate better tournaments, better weekends and such, but Stenson-Mickelson was the best final-day, 18-hole duel in the history of major championship golf.
So, we take a breath, drink it in, and move back across the Atlantic for the RBC Canadian Open. Jason Day and Dustin Johnson headline the field at Glen Abbey, which is a fun venue and a Jack Nicklaus design.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW
For GNN Plus subscribers, you can access our NEW searchable database of PGA Tour results from 2011-present, our top-15 finish chart and season-long trends on DraftKings valuations. They'll be available at your disposal as part of a growing set of tools to help in your research.
2016 RBC Canadian Open top 10 picks
1. Jason Day -- Day is the defending champion here, and he's been playing excellent golf in the grand scheme of things. However, of late, he's found a way to dig himself into an early hole, forcing himself to dig out before he can really contend.
2. Dustin Johnson -- Johnson quietly finished inside the top 10 at Royal Troon. Two wins before that. He was a runner-up at this venue in 2013.
3. Matt Kuchar -- Kuchar has finished in the top seven here in the last three years, including twice at Glen Abbey. Playing strong golf overall.
4. Jim Furyk -- Furyk is another Canadian Open specialist, who is particularly great at Glen Abbey. He wasn't wonderful at Troon, but it's alright this week.
5. Brandt Snedeker -- Snedeker won here in 2013. He has a great record in this event and wasn't able to play last year because of an injury.
6. William McGirt -- McGirt has played very nicely in his last two non-major starts, with a win at Memorial and a T-7 at Firestone. He was T-2 at this venue in 2013.
7. David Hearn -- If there's a Canadian hope to win their national championship, it's David Hearn, who is playing some of the most consistent golf of his life this season.
8. Tony Finau -- It seems Finau is developing a reputation as thriving in difficult circumstances. Glen Abbey isn't a tough course, but a T-18 at the Open is impressive and makes him worth considering. He could manhandle this course.
9. Harold Varner III -- HV3 is figuring it out on the PGA Tour. He hasn't missed a cut since the Houston Open, and he's finished in the top 10 three times. Made the cut in a tough draw at the Open.
10/BONUS. Dan McCarthy -- You've never heard of Dan McCarthy, probably. But this guy has won three of six starts this season on the Canadian Tour, and it's really not even close. He's a hot hand worth looking at this week.
My DraftKings team for this week:
1. Brandt Snedeker - $10,300
2. Jim Furyk - $9,900
3. Harold Varner III - $7,800
4. William McGirt - $7,700
5. Dan McCarthy - $7,200
6. Colt Knost - $7,100
Join GNN Plus and get the fantasy edge!
If you want to win at DraftKings daily fantasy golf, you have to figure out a way to find six golfers that play all 72 holes and earn roughly 85 points each.
You likely have to identify a couple of players in the top five, at least the top seven, and you'd ideally not have a player finish outside the top 20.
Doing that takes research, looking at a variety of factors, including:
- Finish trends, both in recent weeks on the PGA Tour and at that week's event,
- Salary trends, deciphering which players are showing value based on their performance, and
- Statistical trends, identifying the common threads among winners in that week's event
That's what Golf News Net will deliver each week to GNN Plus members in this space, offering a complete research package which dives into these three areas to find the players that should be in your lineup for this week.
To access this research hidden below and MANY more fantasy golf tools, sign up for GNN Plus to gain access to the analysis!
BECOME A GNN PLUS MEMBER NOW!
Cancel anytime for a pro-rated refund
$30 for 12 months' access
$3 for 1 month's access, auto-renews
$3 for 1 month's access, doesn't auto-renew